- Our house especially our kitchen is a great source of natural antilice home remedies. You can wash your hair off with vinegar, as vinegar has the capability of killing the nits in your child’s hair in only two days.
- Application of coconut oil as a conditioner to the kid’s hair is also beneficial. Vinegar combined with any mineral oil or Johnson baby oil in equal proportions can be applied on the hair. You have to leave this application on your kid’s scalp for an hour and then rinse off with a baby shampoo. Now comb off your kid’s hair with an antilice comb to remove all the unconscious lice and eggs from your child’s hair.
- Another effective and proven natural remedy to get rid of head lice is use of 15 drops of tea tree oil mixed with your kid’s regular shampoo. You can use it daily as it has no side effects with daily use. You can also mix one tablespoon of tea tree oil, three tablespoons of olive oil, and one teaspoon of eucalyptus oil with your kid’s regular shampoo like Johnson shampoo or Mother Care or any other baby shampoo. This mixture can be applied to your kid’s hair and scalp. After application of this mixture, cover your kid’s head with a plastic bag for approximately half an hour and rinse it out. This is the most important way to get rid of head lice naturally.
- Also overnight application of mayonnaise as a conditioner makes it easier for the lice to slide off of your kid’s hair when you will use antilice comb after rinsing thoroughly.
- Application of a mixture of butter and lemon on your kid’s head for just about fifteen minutes again helps in getting rid of head lice naturally. You can rinse it off with your regular shampoo or for kid’s, you can use baby shampoo.
- In India, Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash has become a famous natural remedy for head lice because Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash includes some essential oils like thymol, eucalyptol, methyl salicylate, alcohol, and menthol which are beneficial in getting rid of head lice. Listerine is also effective when it is rubbed on your head.
Monday, March 7, 2016
Head Lice Solution: Six Proven Home Remedies
In order to get rid of head lice naturally and to wipe the nits off from roots of your kid’s scalp, you can consider some home remedies for resistant head lice that I have listed below: